We're a leading full-service agency that creates work that lives in people’s lives. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands that drive value for our clients and touch lives around the world. We use data and insights to reimagine what we thought we knew about the customer experience. We create work that brings our brands closer to consumers, consumers closer to communities, and communities closer to the wider world.
Passionately inventive and relentlessly curious, we strive to uncover the connection in all we do. From finding the relevance and authenticity to a brand and its consumers to connecting to them whenever, and wherever they are.
Explore our award-winning work to see how we unite people across platforms, experiences, cultures and purpose.
- At a time when robo-advice and DIY investment apps are making financial services...
- You know that campaign where insurance giant Hollard is sharing their ad space...
- Momentum Medical Scheme has been quiet with regards to its advertising and...Momentum Medical Scheme has been quiet with regards to its advertising and marketing over the last few years, choosing to let their product speak for itself. And that’s worked well for them. But, at a time when consumers are starting to question the money they spend, and where they spend it, Momentum decided it was time to let the world in on a little secret – they really are the best fit for South African families. Their solutions, rewards and value for money offer medical aid to fit anyone’s lifestyle. This online campaign, designed by our team in Johannesburg, features 5 films, digital banners and social media posts asking the consumers one question: Is your medical aid the right fit? It’s time to get #MoreHealthForLess.
- With people getting constantly crowded with misinformation and noise, News24’s...With people getting constantly crowded with misinformation and noise, News24’s journalists work to investigate the truth. For the launch of News24 Subscribers TVC, we illustrated the divide between a world of overwhelming confusion and the clarity of News24 as a trusted news source.
- During the Covid-19 lockdown in South Africa, Nando's restaurants were closed so...During the Covid-19 lockdown in South Africa, Nando's restaurants were closed so we needed to show up differently. In a dark time we brought the fire as the voice of the people through some great social tactical executions.
- In over 34 African countries, LGBTQI+ communities face discrimination and...In over 34 African countries, LGBTQI+ communities face discrimination and possible imprisonment or death, just because of their sexual orientation. We created a product ad for BOS that challenged homophobic lawmakers by using their full range of bold, colourful cans, arranged into the design of the Pride flag - creating the BOS Pride Billboard that became a symbol of hope for the LQBTQI+ rights movements in Africa.
- Trusted news causes different reactions in different people. Sometimes, we don’t...Trusted news causes different reactions in different people. Sometimes, we don’t believe it. There are times we can’t get enough of it. It may tell you what you want to hear or contradict you. We may argue over it, ignore it, doubt it or even fear it. It can also bring us hope, a sense of relief or complete and utter joy. News24 is South Africa's leading and most trusted news brand so we made a film that tells the story of a diverse South Africa brought together through stories they can trust.
- Momentum and Metropolitan are passionate about CSI, especially youth empowerment...Momentum and Metropolitan are passionate about CSI, especially youth empowerment and employment. So we created a story about the NGO Rhiza Babuyile, and the small community of Orange Farm.
These are the current highlights of our news and thought leadership activities.
- Brand equity valuator titan BAV is finally coming to South Africa. We chatted to...
- In a recent webinar, VLMY&R chief creative officer Ryan McManus and Disco...
- In 2021 a new way of thinking has emerged, bringing with it a fresh perspective...
- VMLY&R South Africa recently hosted a webinar with Township Entrepreneurs...
- The #softlife is becoming a silent social protest by this generation. It...
- Do culture and purpose really matter? Or is the meaning often reduced to lip...Do culture and purpose really matter? Or is the meaning often reduced to lip service, deceptive job interviews and slick powerpoint presentations? Our Content Design Lead, Natalie Pool says ‘hell yes’ to culture and purpose. Read her story from when she first started out at VMLY&R South Africa and why she continues to choose to work at the same agency for eight years running.
- Brands that tell the best stories will connect with people. Storytelling is the...Brands that tell the best stories will connect with people. Storytelling is the way that humans find meaning in their lives and how we make sense of the world. Our CCO Ryan McManus talks about the future of storytelling.
- In the world of advertising and marketing, technology has become the most...In the world of advertising and marketing, technology has become the most ubiquitous and expansive adverting medium ever existed. Our CEO Jarred Cinman shares his insights on the potential that lies in the collaboration of human and machine.
- Jason Khubekha, our Social Media Manager gives his advice on what it takes to...Jason Khubekha, our Social Media Manager gives his advice on what it takes to become a social media influencer and not just that person on social media.
- The future of advertising has arrived: tech and human creativity together create...The future of advertising has arrived: tech and human creativity together create a new benchmark in effective advertising.
- We would like to welcome British American Tobacco to the Johannesburg team...We would like to welcome British American Tobacco to the Johannesburg team. Everyone is looking forward to a fruitful relationship that has already started in the most incredible way.
If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R might just be the perfect place for you. You’ll find our offices are spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking, and impromptu work sessions. We encourage collaboration for new ideas and questions no one’s ever thought to ask. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver work that lives in people's lives.
We have jobs available right now. Visit our careers page or hit the Join Us button for more information
Connecting is everything to us. So, if you have a question, concern, or something else on your mind, please get in touch – we always enjoy a good conversation.
For current news and information on Covid-19 in South Africa, visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.