Those who follow South American soccer and Copa Libertadores are not just soccer fans, they are HINCHAS. That’s the Spanish-language word used to describe the South American soccer fan whose intensity and love for their team transcends logic and is unlike any other in the world. For them, fútbol and their team is more than just a favorite sport; it is part of their identity and an essential part of their existence.
beIN SPORTS’ HINCHAS WANTED campaign, showcased the layers of the HINCHA identity and idiosyncrasy to achieve a dual goal: inform HINCHAS that beIN SPORTS is the new Home of Copa Libertadores and invite American soccer fans to tune-in and join the movement.
HINCHAS WANTED launched with two long-form manifestos characterizing the meaning of being an HINCHA. The campaign continued on beIN SPORTS’ owned digital and linear channels with tune in promos, giveaways and across paid social, digital, and OOH in English and Spanish across U.S. media.
The campaign also included GOALden Ticket and FANS FOR LIFE. The GOALden Ticket giveaway invited HINCHAS to show how soccer is a part of their everyday life for a chance to win a trip to a live soccer match. In FANS FOR LIFE, an experiential activation during the Copa Libertadores Final, one HINCHA from each team was recruited and challenged to get a tattoo of their team while watching the Final. The winning team’s HINCHA won a trip to see their team compete in the Club World Cup in Qatar along with three friends. This activation and the journey to Qatar generated one-of-a-kind content that was seen across beIN SPORTS’ channels across the world.
- 250MM impressions overall
- 4.3MM video views with a video completion rate that broke benchmarks at 85%
- 0.27% CTR (Benchmark .08%)
- 3.54% ER (Compared to 1.50% benchmark)
- beIN SPORTS was chosen 2x more frequently when asked which network airs Copa Libertadores (including over FOX Deportes, the network historically known for showing Copa Libertadores)
- 47% of the audience showed intent to tune-in
- Brand awareness lift increased by +195 points
- Brand consideration increased by +63 points
- Gold and silver at the Telly Awards
- Finalist at the Ragan Awards TBA late June